Triumph Thunderbird 900 1997
Registered in March 1997, so VMCC compatible and is one of the early T'birds with the alloy Akronite rims and stainless steel spokes.
Present owner since July 2021
The following works have been carried out by an independent Triumph specialist:
- Front forks stripped and rebuilt with new seals and bearings, stanchions re- hard chromed,
- New head bearings and seals
- Front brake calliper replaced
- Rear brake calliper stripped, cleaned and rebuilt
- All brake fluids replaced
- Cam chain, tensioner and all cam seals replaced
- Inlet and exhaust vales re-shimmed and head reassembled with new spark plugs
- Carburettors stripped, cleaned and rebuilt with new 'O' rings, mixture screws and float needle jets
- New coolant, engine oil and filter, plus battery
The bike now runs really well after all that work!
Total Mileage is 32,163 miles, with just 646 miles since the last MOT.
The bike has a custom built 'king & queen' seat, back rest with rack, lower Bonneville handle bars, plus lots of genuine Triumph chrome accessories -
Previous owner had mirror polished engine casings, lower fork legs and wheels
MOT until 03.05.2023, will sell with a full 12 months MOT
It comes with a comprehensive service history and MOT's going back to March 2000.
Price is £3,500.00 for it, which is a good price given the condition it's in.
Only selling because the early Thunderbirds are quite heavy, tall bikes and with advancing years, the Bonneville suits me better.
Mobile 07768 192244